This community is part of a larger community of racquet sports players that includes Tennis Calgary, Squash Calgary, Pickleball Calgary and Badminton Calgary. It is provided as a gift by Racquet Network to Calgary’s racquet sports community. It is our way of saying thank you to the players who have supported our family-owned business since 2004.
Membership in this community gives players access to seven core activities that help them learn, play and improve. Members also have access to a variety of social networking tools that make it possible to meet players and organize their own matches. In sponsoring these activities, our goal is to get players up and moving and involved in the community so that they can meet people and become active participants.
Racquet Network staff and coaches are active on this site. They post messages about scheduled group activities and try to answer questions posed by members. However, our staff are not permitted to become socially involved with the players and cannot participate in games or matches. The success or failure of this community depends upon the leadership provided by the players themselves. Players who want this community to be active, must choose to be active themselves.
Maintaining community standards is critical to ensuring positive player experiences. Our staff monitor this site on a regular basis. However, it is up to the players themselves to maintain our community standards.
- Members are required to represent their playing levels honestly.
- Members are required to represent themselves honestly. (Anonymous participation is not permitted.)
- Members are required to be responsive to communications from other members.
- Members are required to keep match appointments and to be punctual.
- Members are required to be good sports.
- Members are required to respect the wishes of other players.
- Members are required to have integrity both in observing the rules of the game and in paying their share of expenses for court time and balls/shuttles.
LADIES ONLY OPTIONS
This community supports ladies only options. When necessary, we also enforce a firm no contact policy. Female players who do not wish to be contacted by male players may say so in their player profiles. They may also choose not to accept friend requests from male players. Harassment from male players is not tolerated and is taken very seriously.