Get involved. Meet people. Save money. This in an online community of players from across Calgary. It is supported by the best-trained staff in the racquet sports business.
- where to play
- who to play
- free samples and hot deals
- lessons and programs
- tournaments and pub nights
- player and product reviews
- high community standards
- ladies-only options
A GIFT FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
Racquet Network is Calgary’s largest racquet sports store. We have thousands of customers. The problem is that while all of our customers are connected to us, most of them are not connected to each other. This community was created to give our customers opportunities to meet and connect so that they can play more often and get more involved in their sport. It is our way of saying thank you to the thousands of players who have supported our family-owned business since 2004.
This community is one part of a larger community that includes Tennis Calgary, Squash Calgary, Pickleball Calgary, Badminton Calgary, Running Calgary and Racquet Network Jr. Members of this community get access to up-to-date information about facilities, programs, activities and tournaments. They can register for free lessons, fitness programs, racquet demos and social activities. They can also find and connect with other players at their level to arrange matches or just get out and practice.
COACHES AND STAFF
Racquet Network coaches are active on this site daily. They post messages about scheduled group activities, try to answer questions posed by members and generally try to encourage people to become engaged. Our coaches are not permitted to become socially involved with the players and cannot participate in games or matches. However, they are great sources of information because they are fully aware of all of the scheduled activities and are in regular contact with many of our players.
Racquet Network retail store staff, on the other hand, are generally not involved in community activities and are not fully aware of the schedule for this community. If you have questions about this community or its schedule of activities, post your questions on the MEMBER ACTIVITY page of this website where a coach will see it and respond. Please do not call the store and ask our retail staff because they will not have the information you are looking for. All they can do is refer you back to this website.
NEW PLAYERS ARE WELCOME
New players are welcome to join anytime. Our community is set up with a online points system that allows new players to become involved gradually and to get to know other players online between seasons and between activities. While they are waiting and while they are getting to know people, new players can earn points and badges for participating online for coming out to group activities. New players can even earn points just for lurking and reading about what is going on.
- SAVE 100% – FREE MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
- SAVE 50% – ADIDAS TENNIS SHOES
- SAVE 100% – FREE STRINGING UPGRADE
- SAVE 100% – FREE POLYESTER STRING SAMPLE
- SAVE 25% – BABOLAT SMART RACQUETS
Maintaining community standards is critical to ensuring positive player experiences. Our staff monitor this site on a regular basis. However, it is up to the players themselves to maintain our community standards.
- Members are required to represent their playing levels honestly.
- Members are required to represent themselves honestly. (Anonymous participation is not permitted.)
- Members are required to be responsive to communications from other members.
- Members are required to keep match appointments and to be punctual.
- Members are required to be good sports.
- Members are required to respect the wishes of other players.
- Members are required to have integrity both in observing the rules of the game and in paying their share of expenses for court time and balls/shuttles.